Friday, September 21, 2007

whoa! that's cold

At Udall for a early morning swim. Into the pool and wow, the water is cold. Better get used to it though, I think this is what to expect at this time of year.

I begin with my standard breast/freestyle combo for 50 yards to get warmed up. Then, zero my watch. Today will be a time trial of sorts. Going to see how fast I can swim 400 yards (that is half the distance of the sprint triathlon swim next month). I hit the stop/start button on my Timex Indiglo and begin. Two-hundred yards in I am feeling good, strong and trying to push myself. Assuming I kept an accurate count, which is always a bit of an issue with me, I complete the last of the 16 lengths and stop the timer on my watch. My watch reads 8.41.86. I'm a little disappointed. I thought I would swim faster than that. It appears that my lack of swimming over the last few weeks has really impacted my time. Well, no panic. I have a few weeks to get my swim times back to where I would like them to be.

I finish off this mornings workout with 200 yards of stroke work using a pull-buoy and 50 yards with the kick board. That gives me a total distance of 650 yards on this swim training session. Time to hop out and start my day. Boy am I ever ready for a weekend. T.G.I.F

No comments: