Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quick run

This time of year all my family's Saturdays are filled with soccer. Today is no exception. With our first soccer game at 8:00am, any workout I am going to do this morning, I need to do quickly.

With that in mind, I pull on my Asics and head for the door. It's 6:30am and time allotted for this run is less than 30 minutes. So, I have decided to run a shorter route and push the pace a bit. I wonder how quickly I can make it from my place to the 4-way stop at Houghton and back (just over 2 miles).

As I get going, I feel pretty good (but not great). Music is loud, pace is fast and my breathing is hard. Climbing the hill up to Houghton is hard. Trying to do it quickly is even harder.

I reach Houghton 11.5 minutes into the run. Jog across Catalina Hwy and begin the return leg home. Still trying to push the pace as best I can, I reach the end of the run 22 minutes and 13 seconds after I started. It's almost 7:00am and I don't really have any time to stretch. It's going to be a quick shower and off to the first soccer game of the season. From Tri Chill to Coach Hill. Wish me luck. :-)

Quick run

No comments: