Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's almost like two-a-days

That's right, my second workout for the day. Working out twice in one day takes me back to high school. It's almost like the way we would start off every Fall. You know it's Fall when you are out on the football field twice a day, doing workouts to prepare for the upcoming season. Ah, those were the days.

Well, this time it's not about football, but it's still a familiar feeling. Once again my daughter is at soccer practice and I can use training to occupy my time. I spend the first 30 minutes just watching practice and trying to decide what I am going to do. I finally settle on sprint work and at 7:00pm I am ready to begin my routine. Six gassers, followed by 100 lunges (50 per leg).

Gassers and lunges took me about 20 minutes. My heart rate is elevated and my breathing shallow. Then I hit the jogging track for a mile run. Complete the one-mile loop in just under 10 minutes. Thirty minute workout complete, and overall I am happy with the effort.

Note: Both knees are a bit sore (although in different places, which is a bit weird). This could be lingering effects of previous days jump rope work. I will definitely ice when I get home tonight.

No comments: