Sunday, September 16, 2007

Does yard work count?

Well it's Sunday and Sunday is typically a ride day. But, Dan is out this week. Chris bailed on me late last night (I think he has a sore knee). So, my initial thought was that I would ride today anyway. But, then I reconsidered. Decided to sleep in instead.

With no ride today, I had more time this morning and more energy. There are some things I could get done around the house (this will make my wife happy). Yard work and household chores are not exactly a workout, but I wonder how many calories I burned.

Here is my list of today's chores, with my guess at calories burned (fwiw, I have no idea how accurate or inaccurate my guesses are).

Today's tasks:
making family breakfast (25 calories)
{Bacon, eggs, biscuits and country potatoes; if you were wondering}
fix cable (50 calories)
clean out garage (150 calories)
move storage boxes to shed (200 calories)
mow lawn (200 calories)

If those numbers seem high to you, I agree. They seem high to me too. Anyway, that is the extent of today's caloric output. Other than that, it's watching NFL football and posting blog entries. Caloric output for those activities would have to be negligible.

No comments: