Friday, September 14, 2007

Irresponsible parents and lazy kids

The teachers at my kid's school are unhappy with their contract for the year. As a result, they have decided to stage a 'sick out'. For me, that means an increased level of stress on my wife, my kids and me.

My eldest called from high school and said that none of her teachers came to school today, so would it be alright if she came home. I had no problem with this. No point in my kid staying at school with no teachers, just administrators waiting for the school day to end.

So, my wife went down to the school to pick her up. As my wife is in the office, signing our daughter out of school, the office secretary starts chastising her on "irresponsible parents and lazy kids these days who go home for now reason". Now, I am the first to wonder about the attitude of kids these days, but this is not the situation which you call my (or my wife's) parenting, or our kids work-ethic, into question. My wife called be, extremely upset (she had every reason to be). Just another way these people are making my life today difficult.

This is TriVida, and not a place where I will vent my frustration about TUSD and the education of my children (suffice it to say that I am unhappy). But, more than anything, the events of the day drained my of all desire to train. So, this will go down as another day off.

No comments: