Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sunnywood loop

If you have been reading my blog for any period of time, you know that one of my standard runs is the Sunnywood 5K. A simple out and back run along Catalina Hwy, which measures approximately 5 kilometers, with the turn-around point being a street called Sunnywood. Well this morning, like all Saturday mornings for the foreseeable future, I have to complete my workout early enough to get to a (or multiple) soccer games. So, I am up and out early.

While running this morning I decided to change my route a bit. So, I turned left (west) on Houghton, not knowing exactly what to expect. What I got, almost immediately, was a fairly steep hill to climb. As I reach the top of the hill, I notice that the descent down the back side is at an even greater angle than the incline. After making my way about half way down the hill I look to my right and see a street sign for Sunnywood Rd. It's then that I realize that Sunnywood must run through the neighborhood and exit at Catalina Hwy. That seems like the perfect route for me.

My run continues as I make the turn onto Sunnywood and wind through this quiet neighborhood. Just as I expected, I end up at Catalina Hwy. With just about perfect timing, I make the turn for home.

I have discovered a new route: Catalina to houghton,left on houghton to sunnywood, follow sunnywood through neighborhood and exit on Catalina Hwy, back home.

Jog into my driveway, cutting it close. Gotta get ready for the game.

No comments: