Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Familiar swim

I skipped the group lunch at Nico's today and made my way to the Morris K. Udall Center instead. Why you ask? Because the Tucson Parks and Recreation center named after Mr. Udall has a pool and that pool has lap swim from 10:00am - 2:30pm each day during the "winter season". It has been too long since I have been in the pool. So, it seems like the perfect time to get a swim workout done.

Kind of like the get-me-over fastball post, the idea of today's swim workout is to just get in and get comfortable. A relatively light and easy workout.

In the pool, right around 1:00. A couple of laps to get warmed up and then I start my workout. Today's workout consists of eight 100s with 30 seconds rest. Followed by two progressive two hundreds. A progressive 200 is the name I have given to the 25 yards slow, 25 yards medium, 25 yards fast and 25 yards faster (then repeat) thing. I'm sure it has an actual name in swim circles, but I don't travel in swim circles, so I don't know what that name is. Hence, I have dubbed it the progressive 200. You might recall this workout is very similar to a swim workout from the Free Swim Coach post. This is where I got the idea.

I finish the training session with two 100s and a cool down. For those of you keeping track at home, that is a total distance of 1400 yards (not including warm-up and cool-down). Total time in the pool was 50 minutes. A nice little workout if I do say so myself.

No comments: