Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday morning iron

As the days get shorter and sunrise keeps getting later, its going to be hard to find ways to train on weekday mornings ( I may have said this before). 5:30 this morning, on my way to the gym, and it's still completely dark outside.

The good thing about weight training is that I can do it regardless of the time of day, no daylight required. The bad thing, as it were, is having to take a 15 minute drive to the gym to do it (I KNOW I have complained about this before).

Once again, since the number of lifting sessions per week is limited, I will work on training multiple body parts in this session. I start with a little bit of leg work. The crucial thing here is to not overdue it. It's been a while since I have trained legs, and the legs, with all the large muscle groups, is the area most prone to DOMS. It's already Friday and if I go to heavy I will be sore for the next two days and not be ready for the big ride planned for Sunday.

Here is today's workout. You will notice some legs, chest and bis work.

Cleans: 4 x 4 @ 135
V squat: 1 x 8 @ 135, 3 x 8 @ 185
Barbell curls: 4 x 10 @ 65
Bench press: 4 x 8 @ 185
Dumbbell curls: 2 x 8 @ 30, 2 x 8 @ 35
Pushups: 4 x 15
Bosu Ball squats: 4 x 10

Approaching 6:45am and I am wrapping up today's training session. It was nice to get some work in, especially to work out some of the soreness from Tuesday's workout.

2 comments:

G$ said...

I can identify with this poste on several levels:

A) It is definitely getting light later, and it will only get worse. As we discussed, the treadmill is a requirement for me in this regard.

B) I NEED to lift more, but with limited time, it is getting dropped. When I DO lift, I focus on upper body, again for sake of time. This is not the most complete solution, but nobody will EVER accuse me of becoming muscle top heavy.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.