Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jump in!

Up early this Tuesday morning with a little strength training on my mind. Once again time is limited, which means I will need to get to the gym, get through my workout and back home quickly. I am going to have to compress this strength training session to about 45 minutes.

It's right around 6:00am when I arrive at Gold's. With no time to waste, I head straight for a 10lb plate. I tend to start almost all of my weight training sessions with a tri stretch, shoulder stretch and shoulder rotation using a 10lb plate. Extremely beneficial, in my opinion.

Once I get my arms and shoulders warmed up, I dive into today's workout.

  • Flat bench dumbbell press: 1x10@50, 4x8@80
  • Incline bench dumbbell press: 4x8@50
  • Bent-over dumbbell row: 4x10@35
  • Bent-over dumbbell reverse flye: 4x10@20
  • Dumbbell clean & press: 4x8@35
  • Jumprope: 500reps

Chalk it up to a good start to the day. This is the first time I have done any jumprope work in years. Not sure what kind of impact that will have on my knees and ankles. I guess I will know in the morning.

No comments: