Monday, June 29, 2009

Just couldn't do it...

So, you know that I ran both Saturday and Sunday. Now it's Monday morning and since this is our week off from lifting (I will explain later), I decide to meet BC at B's place for the 5:15a run.

BC decide today will be a Canyon Ranch run (which, as KK later put it, means that Charlene was there and she got her way). Which means 4+ miles of hills and desert. But, that seems fine to me. Well.. it seemed fine until we got going. Ran the first mile which seemed hard, but is an uphill climb, so it is always a bit difficult. But, this seemed even harder today. Not to mention the fact that less than 100 yrds into it, I got a side stitch which was a little painful and incredibly annoying.

We stopped to walk and I just could not get comfortable. So, throughout the rest of the 4 mile loop we made a few more valiant attempts to run, but spent the majority of the time walking and talking. It worked out well for me. But I'm sure B and C were disappointed we didn't run more. It would appear, at least at this point, that three consecutive days of running is just too much for me. Tomorrow's swim will be a good change of pace.

As usual, coffee and bagels (and protein shakes) at Barb's house. So, even though I didn't run much, I still got to enjoy the spoils of the morning workout. I should be ashamed of myself... but, I'm not!

No comments: